A roofing warranty is an important part of any roof replacement in Raleigh, NC. It can provide peace of mind that the job will be done correctly and give homeowners financial protection should something go wrong with the new roof. While warranties are not required for all projects, they can be a valuable investment for those who choose to purchase them.
Types of Roofing Warranties
There are two types of roofing warranties.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty – A manufacturer’s warranty covers defects in materials and not damage caused by improper installation or maintenance after the installation. This type of warranty will typically last between 10 and 30 years, depending on the type of material used on your roof.
- Contractor’s Warranty – A contractor’s warranty covers defects caused by improper installations by the contractor. This type of warranty normally lasts anywhere from one to five years, depending on what kind of coverage you purchased.
How to Make the Most of Your Roofing Warranty
- Document everything. Keep track of all paperwork related to your warranty, including receipts and installation dates, so you have it handy should something go wrong.
- Read the fine print. Pay attention to all the details regarding exclusions and coverage limits. Understand what kind of protection you actually have under the policy provided by your manufacturer and contractor.
- Stay on top of maintenance. Regular inspections and maintenance are key components for keeping up with any type of exterior replacement project and maintaining an active warranty policy.
- Choose quality materials. Don’t settle for the lowest roof estimate. Investing in quality materials for your exterior replacement project will help ensure a longer-lasting roof system.
- Find the right contractor. Hire a reputable roofing contractor who has experience working with roofs and filing claims through manufacturer’s or contractor’s warranties.
For all your roofing needs in Raleigh, NC, get in touch with American Roofing & Construction, LLC. We are a reputable roofing contractor offering a wide range of services, including roof installation, repair and replacement. Call us at (919) 917-2118 (Raleigh) or (910) 964-0114 (Southern Pines) for a free consultation. You may also reach us via our online contact form.